Causes And Signs Of Water Damage In Your Columbus Home
SERVPRO of South Columbus knows that when you experience unexpected water damage it can be costly and set you back. It can occur at any time. Here are some examples of situations that can cause water damage in a home:
- Problems with the HVAC system.
- Cracks in the foundation or walls.
- Severe storms, floods and other extreme weather.
- Leaky or busted pipes.
- Malfunctioning dishwashers or washing machines.
- Roof damage, such as missing shingles or cracked flashing.
- Leaks from toilets, sinks, and showers.
- Drainage problems on your property.
Water damage is recognizable when it’s caused by a flood, but with other causes, it is sometimes hard to spot. If you are unsure of what to look for, it can be easy to miss until it becomes a major problem. Here are the usual signs of water damage in a home:
- Paint peeling from your walls
- Mold growth (which can look like dark discoloration) on any surface
- Warping of your floors.
- A strong musty smell.
- Sagging in parts of your walls or ceiling.
- Stains or discolored patches on walls or ceilings.
- Water pooling in your yard after a storm.